COVID-19 presents additional barriers to participating in the academic environment for many individuals. In support of inclusion, the University provides academic accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- If you are a student and need academic accommodation relating to:
- a disability – contact Student Accessibility Services
- a religious observance – contact your course instructor or follow the procedures described in the academic calendar for your program.
- If you are an employee and need accommodation relating to a disability, contact Occupational Health and Wellness.
- If you are a member of an equity-seeking group and have concerns about inclusion, contact Diversity and Human Rights.
If you feel stressed or anxious about COVID-19 reach out for support from the following resources:
- contact Counselling Services at 519-824-4120 ext. 53244
- text “UofG” to 686868 using your text- or SMS-enabled device
- call Good2Talk 1-866-925-5454
- contact Keep.meSAFE (International Students) – 24/7 online or phone counselling for international students. Counselling is offered in many different languages and from counsellors with a variety of backgrounds.
- Connect with a student experience advisor:
- International students
- Indigenous students
- Cultural diversity
- Off-campus living
- New students
- Sexual and gender diversity
- employees can call Homewood Health, U of G’s Employee and Family Health Provider at 1-800-663-1142