U of G created a Brand Guide that will assist you in telling the University’s story.
- Voice – follow the Brand Guide’s explanation and examples for a unified approach to your content that adhere’s to the University’s brand.
- Tone – Protect the institutional voice by remaining professional in tone. Remember your “posts” and “tweets” are as public as a conversation with a newspaper reporter.
- Use approved logos/identifiers – do not crop, change or alter to fit into your social media profile.
- Embrace the University’s Brand Guide through imagery such as your banner images, profile images or posts that represent your department or unit. We have created templates for you that are easy to use.
- Refer to the Brand Guide before using a University of Guelph trademark or recognized logo on your social media site.
- Strategically use hashtags that are attached to your communications goals for optimal impact and reach, i.e.: #foreveragryphon, #gryphonpride, #Iamagryphon, #chartourpath, #futuregryphon
- Nomenclature – use your official name, Department, the University of Guelph. Remember, ‘the’ is not capitalized. Guelph University is not acceptable. Follow the appropriate guidelines for sub brand logo use.
- Delete an old account if it no longer serves a purpose or if it is no longer being maintained. Doing so ensures that the U of G social media community remains vibrant and active and protects inactive sites from abuse, such as account hacking.