Updates for May 7, 2020
New and updated FAQs on academic consideration
Updated information is now available on deadlines for academic consideration and deadlines for making decisions about grades for students granted a supplemental exam or deferred privilege (i.e., 10 class days to decide the preferred grade option for that course – pass, fail or drop the course).
Learn more on the COVID-19 Academics – Students FAQ page.
New resources on Gryphon Family portal
Two new pages have been added to the Gryphon Family portal. The Food and Finances page connects students to financial and food security resources so they can focus on other priorities like their studies, research and connecting with their loved ones.
The Grief and Loss page addresses the unique aspects of grief during COVID-19 and provides tools to support yourself and your loved ones. Grief can be felt after someone we care about dies, of course. It can also be felt for other losses like missing out on important milestones.
View more resources on the Gryphon Family portal.
Updated Help Centre hours from Computing and Communications Services
The Help Centre is available to provide technical support for your computing needs! The team is working remotely and has updated its hours as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The CCS Help Centre can be reached via:
- Email to IThelp@uoguelph.ca
- Online chat – click the blue box in the bottom right corner of the CCS website
Virtual Care from U of G’s Health and Performance Centre
While you’re keeping active at home, practitioners from the Health and Performance Centre can help keep your body in motion.
You can access virtual care from HPC practitioners. Book a virtual appointment for:
- Chiropractic care
- Naturopathic medicine
- Dietitian services
- Sports medicine
Learn more on the Health and Performance Centre’s website.
Good news items
- U of G’s Virtual Well-Being Project Attracts Followers Worldwide
- U of G Research Behind Surface Coating That Kills COVID-19 Virus
- U of G Students Create Virtual Museum in Response to COVID-19
- U of G Students Working on Front Lines of COVID-19 Outbreak
- U of G Technology Behind Mobile COVID-19 Test for Rural, Indigenous, Remote Areas
- U of G Kitchens Helping to Feed the Most Vulnerable
The University’s COVID-19 website is your best source of information on U of G’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.