The Guelph Gryphons will face rival McMaster Marauders on Sept. 19, 1 p.m., at Alumni Stadium in the annual University of Guelph Homecoming Game.
The traditional alumni football game, the Glory Bowl, will take place at 10 a.m.
For the Gryphons’ match against McMaster, stadium gates will open at 11 a.m. The event will include a pre-game concert and a half-time show featuring Toast and Jam, a two-member acoustic band.
Guelph and McMaster have each started off the season with victories. Last year, Guelph lost a tight Yates Cup match at McMaster 20-15.
“My team, our coaches and I are always excited to be part of Homecoming,” said Guelph coach Stu Lang.
“It means a lot to the team to have former Gryphons cheering them on, and a packed house of our loud and enthusiastic fans against one of our biggest rivals. We look forward to a tough match against McMaster.”
Student tickets for the game are on sale Sept. 11 at the Fieldhouse, with limited $30 adult tickets available online. The game will be broadcast on OUA.tv.
Homecoming reunion events will be held as follows:
- University of Guelph Alumni Association Pre-Game Party at the Brass Taps – From 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Only 100 tickets available (limit of two per alumni). Call 519-824-4120, Ext. 56934.
- College of Business and Economics Alumni Reunion and Flapjack Brunch – Meet at the Brass Taps from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. for a pre-game reunion. Limit of two tickets per CBE alumni (only 50 available). Register online.
- Redmen/Gryphon Football Reunion – Register online. For more information, email Sam Kosakowski.
- Gryphon Swim Team Alumni Family Swim and Pancake Breakfast – Register online now.
- School of Landscape Architecture 50th Anniversary Celebrations – Friday evening includes a reception and tour of the LA building. Saturday is the student-run pancake breakfast and a gala featuring special guest speaker Paul Hawken. Sunday, visit the Arboretum for brunch and a tour. Register for the weekend online now. For more information, please email Martin Straathof.
- HK5K (Sunday, Sept. 20), an annual 5k run with human kinetics alumni. Register online.
Sports Information and Media Relations Co-ordinator
519-824-4120, Ext. 53159