To help address demand and contribute to student success, U of G is developing a Student Housing Strategy that considers current and future needs.
Work on the Student Housing Strategy has begun and will continue over the next several years.
Fall 2022 and ongoing
- Explore opportunities to maximize existing housing capacity on campus.
- Further build community connections to increase student housing capacity within the community.
- Complete a demand study to better understand the need for housing and factors affecting current and future supply.
- Align Student Housing Services under Ancillary Services to better leverage resources.
- Maintain Student Affairs’ oversight of Residence Life staff and programming to continue providing high-quality programs and services.
2024 and ongoing
- Implement study findings to meet demand through renovation and development of student housing facilities.
Learn more about the University of Guelph Student Housing Strategy online.