Payment Services is excited to announce the completion of a long-awaited update to U of G’s Travel and Expense Reimbursement Policy and Procedures, effective January 1.
Based on input from many units across campus, Financial Services has revised the former policy to a more structured and separate policy and procedures aimed at clarifying the expense reimbursement process for faculty and staff.
Some highlights of the update include:
- Separate policy and procedures
- New clarification of responsibilities
- New guideline regarding use of electronic images in Expense Claim System
- Tri-Agency’s requirement for reimbursements are now the same as U of G’s institutional requirements
- New approval guidelines:
- Dean, non-academic director or above’s approval threshold is increased from above $5,000 to above $10,000
- For claims with receipts past 365 days, final approval resides with dean, non-academic director, or above
- A Tri-Agency grant approver can be the claim’s final approver (chair no longer required to co-sign)
The policy, procedures and guidelines can be found at:
- Travel and Expense Reimbursement Policy
- Travel and Expense Reimbursement Procedures
- Hospitality Expense Reimbursement Procedures
- Honorarium Payment to Indigenous Elders and Knowledge Holders – Guidelines and Procedures
- Cell Phone and Home Internet Claims Reimbursement Guideline
- Guideline for Use of Electronic Images
If you have any questions, please contact Yolanda Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org.