The following updates are provided by the Return-to-Campuses steering committee.
The University of Guelph continues to prioritize physical distancing. If you don’t need to be on campus, please stay home to help keep our community safe. Staff, faculty and graduate students able to work from home will continue to do so.
COVID-19 testing at Health Services for those working on campus
Student Health Services is now offering COVID-19 testing for faculty and staff working on campus. Those working at research stations within the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health Unit’s service area can also receive COVID-19 testing on campus.
How to book an on-campus test:
- Testing is available by appointment only.
- Call 519-824-4120, Ext. 52131, to book your appointment.
- Testing is available for those showing symptoms and those who are asymptomatic but meet the Ministry of Health’s COVID-19 testing guidelines.
- Student Health Services physicians will not provide additional care, ongoing treatment or assessment for other illnesses.
- Faculty and staff who test positive for COVID-19 are required to inform Occupational Health and Wellness as per the University’s COVID management process.
- Student Health Services shares positive COVID-19 results with our local Public Health Unit for follow-up and contact tracing.
- Copies of COVID-19 test results remain on file in Student Health in accordance with our retention requirements (PHIPA).
If you are working remotely and need a COVID-19 test, please book an appointment at your local COVID-19 assessment centre or select pharmacies. In Guelph, appointments for testing through Public Health can be booked by calling 1-226-773-1922.
Limited on-campus flu shot clinics
Student Health Services is also offering flu shot clinics for U of G faculty, staff and students. Flu vaccines are available in limited quantities and on a first-come, first-served basis. You do not need to be working on campus to receive a flu shot from Student Health Services.
Due to the unpredictable availability of this year’s flu vaccine, please check the Student Wellness Twitter account regularly for information on upcoming flu shot clinics.
If you are coming to campus for a flu shot, before you leave home make sure you complete U of G’s COVID-19 Screening Form and follow its direction.
Learn more on the Student Wellness Immunization and Flu Clinics web page.
The University’s COVID-19 website is your best source of information on U of G’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Return to Campuses website provides essential information for those coming to campus. If you need to be on campus, make sure you complete the U of G COVID-19 Screening Form every day before you arrive.