Research Data Management (RDM) involves a set of strategies aimed at protecting the data you collect to inform your research.
A proper RDM approach includes:
- sound data storage practices to avoid loss or corruption of data
- security considerations to prevent exposure of your data to people who shouldn’t have access to it
- documentation and metadata so that your data will be properly interpreted
- data publication plans to share your data with other researchers as much as is appropriate, and
- preservation mechanisms to enable future analysis of your data
This workshop will introduce you to best practices so that your research data is appropriately managed during the life of your research project and beyond.