– This event has been cancelled –
Institute of Gender and Health (IGH) Guelph Chapter (CIHR)
IGH oversees a Canadian network that builds awareness and capacity in sex- and gender-based analysis among trainees conducting health research in Canada. The network connects health research trainees from across Canada to exchange ideas and resources about the integration of sex and gender in health research. The Trainee Network currently has chapters at 15 institutions, each including a trainee leader and a senior mentor.
The Guelph IGH Chapter is having its inaugural meeting on March 25. We invite upper year undergrads, graduate students, post-docs and faculty who incorporate sex- and/or gender into their health research currently, or who are thinking about taking this approach in their work to join us. At our meeting, we will have the opportunity to share our research interests with each other, and then discuss how a Guelph chapter of the IGH can be most beneficial to those of us interested in this type of scholarship. We encourage people from all disciplines to attend.
Benefits of being involved with IGH-Guelph include:
- Networking and mentorship with senior researchers across health disciplines
- Networking with other trainees with an interest in sex and gender in health research
- Learning opportunities such as webinars, in-person meet-ups and online resources
- The opportunity to have your research promoted by IGH
- A direct connection to IGH and CIHR for the latest funding opportunities and research news
Please reserve your free ticket.