- This event has passed.
Friday, May 31, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
Please join us as we celebrate World No Tobacco Day and mark our Guelph campus’s first day as a tobacco- and smoke-free space. As we celebrate this important step to make a healthier campus for everyone, we support the efforts of Indigenous communities to become tobacco-wise and keep tobacco sacred.
Drop by Johnston Green to learn more about our new Tobacco- and Smoke-Free Policy.
Enjoy refreshments, fun fresh air activities and giveaways. Pick-up a free support kit with resources and information to help you cope, quit or help a friend. Stop by the community resource tables for information on smoking cessation and learn about the supports available in our community and on campus. Learn from the Aboriginal Resource Centre about the cultural uses of tobacco.
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Resource tables from community partners and free support kits
- 12:15 – 12:20 p.m.: Remarks from Don O’Leary, Vice-President (Finance, Administration and Risk)
- 12:20 – 12:30 p.m.: Remarks from Dr. Tenenbaum, Associate Medical Officer of Health, Guelph Wellington Public Health
- 12:30 – 1 p.m.: Yoga on the Green *no mat, experience or work-out clothing required. Open to all.
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:15pm: Campus Walking Tour with Steve Nyman, Physical Resources
Learn more about our new Tobacco- and Smoke-Free Campus Policy and find resources at www.uoguelph.ca/smokefree.
Registration is encouraged, but not required.