Police and other emergency services are managing a security risk at Rozanski Hall, the Bullring and the Landscape Architecture building at U of G’s Guelph campus.
Those in the area have been moved to a safe space. All others are asked to avoid the area. Emergency services are managing the scene and are dealing with the situation.
- U of G has sent messages to students via our U of G alert system and SafeGryphon app telling those who are in the area to move to a safe space.
- The 11:30 a.m. exams at Rozanski Hall are cancelled.
- Further notifications about exam cancellations will be forthcoming.
- Notification will be provided when it is safe to return to these buildings to collect personal items. As this may take some time, we ask that all those impacted leave the area.
Further updates will be posted here as they become available.
Update: April 24, 2:50 p.m.
The security risk is now over. All students, faculty and staff who evacuated the buildings this morning should return now to collect their personal items.
U of G would like to thank Guelph Police and emergency services for their quick response today.
The University would also like to thank the U of G community for their patience and understanding during the situation today.
Update: April 24, 4:30 p.m.
- 11:30 a.m. exams in Rozanski Hall have been moved to Wednesday, April 26, 2023, at the same time and location.
- 2:30 p.m. exams in Rozanski Hall will proceed in alternative locations. Instructors will notify students of the updated exam location.
- 7 p.m. exams in Rozanski Hall will proceed in alternative locations. Instructors will notify students of the updated exam location.
- Additional information about exam rescheduling can be found on the Office of Registrarial Services website.