Our 2017 United Way campaign was one of our best ever. When the final donations were tallied, together we raised more than $650,000!
U of G’s annual United Way campaign is one of the most successful university campaigns in the country. We raise more per person than any other university in Canada.
“Our fantastic results for 2017 were thanks to the tremendous efforts of our United Way volunteers and the incredible generosity of our donors,” says Peter Routledge, United Way co-chair. “It was a campaign record for U of G.”
Plans for the 2018 campaign, which will kick off in September, are already under way. Prof. Carolyn Kerr, Department of Clinical Studies, will help lead the campaign as faculty co-chair.
“I’m really excited to be joining Peter as co-chair,” says Kerr. “The University has such an incredible dedication to the United Way, and I’m greatly looking forward to building on that commitment.”
Over the fall, dozens of events were hosted across campus to raise funds that benefit people in our community. Check out the photos below for highlights from a few of our 2017 United Way events. Watch for more United Way events taking place on campus this summer!
How your donations make a difference
U of G’s United Way campaign supports the Guelph Wellington Dufferin United Way. With funding from other community partners and donors, in 2017 our donations:
- Paired 1,400 kids with a Big Brother or Big Sister mentor
- Supported 207 people in finding housing or remaining housed
- Provided 2,483 hours of direct counselling to women who experienced sexual violence
- Served 35,738 pounds of food to at-risk adults and youths
- Supported 665 children who testified in court after being victims of or witnesses to crime
- Provided 649 adults with recovery and discovery workshops to address their mental health or addiction issues
Guelph Wellington Dufferin United Way Community Impact Report 2017
Your donations make a difference! Learn more on U of G’s United Way website.