The annual United Way College Idol talent show featured six competitors at the Oct. 31 event. Videos of their performances are now available on the United Way website, and everyone on campus is encouraged to vote for this year’s College Idol.
The individual performer or group who receives the most $1 votes will win the title; all proceeds go to the University’s United Way campaign.
The idol contestants are:
- Abraham Munene from the Ontario Agricultural College (OAC);
- Sara Ruggiero, Marty Butler, Natalie Ternamian, Kaitlyn Keller, Mikaela Stiver and Sarah Lahay performing as The Central Tendons and representing the Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences (HHNS) in the College of Biological Science;
- Andrew Kramer and Ian Wallace, The BOOgie Men, from Co-operative Education and Career Services;
- Rishi Dubey and Raunaq Sing Ratra as the Dubey-Ratra Sufi Brothers, representing McLaughlin Library;
- Lauren Levesque, David Lee and Jerrard Smith, The Handsome Strangers, from the College of Arts;
- Ze’ev Gedalof, Richard Kuhn, Jennifer Beehler and Jon Warland forming a group called Bourbon and Banjos and representing the School of Environmental Sciences in OAC and the Department of Geography in the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS).
College Idol voting continues until 3 p.m. Nov. 29. Find your favourite idol’s voting box in the following locations:
- Abraham Munene – OVC dean’s office and Bovey 1106;
- The Central Tendons – HHNS departmental office and the CBS dean’s office;
- The BOOgie Men- Co-op office on Trent Lane, behind Rozanski Hall;
- The Dubey-Ratra Sufi Brothers – McLaughlin Library;
- The Handsome Strangers- COA dean’s office;
- Bourbon and Banjos – HUTT 119, Bovey 1106 and the CSAHS dean’s office.