As artificial intelligence (AI) moves into our homes, workplaces and public spaces, everyone wants to know: What will our future look like, living amongst intelligent machines?
On November 6, a diverse set of experts, all working in various facets of AI, will converge on Guelph to discuss, debate and explore our future during the second annual Derry Dialogue. Our panel will include one of the few economists focused on AI, a Canada Research Chair in Internet and E-commerce law, a roboethicist, a researcher who studies the social implications of technology, and a member of the newly formed Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence.
- Ajay Agrawal, Peter Munk Professor of Entrepreneurship, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto and Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, MA
- Rozita Dara, Assistant Professor, Computer Science, University of Guelph
- Rebecca Finlay (Moderator), Vice-President, Engagement & Public Policy, CIFAR
- Michael Geist, Canada Research Chair, Internet and E-commerce Law and Law professor, University of Ottawa
- AJung Moon, Director of the Open Roboethics Institute (ORi); Technology Analyst and CEO, Generation R Consulting; and Vanier Scholar, UBC
- Graham Taylor, Associate Professor, School of Engineering, University of Guelph and Academic Director, Next Al
Thornborough Building, Room 1200