- This event has passed.
May 9 - May 11
The One Health and Development for a World Under Pressure Symposium brings together scholars, researchers and practitioners working collaboratively on One Health or development challenges at the intersection of humans, animals, plants and our shared environment.
This international, interdisciplinary symposium is jointly sponsored by the University of Guelph’s One Health Institute and the Guelph Institute of Development Studies.
The Symposium aims to showcase collaborative, transdisciplinary and cross-cutting research that:
- Highlights complexities, fragilities and systemic resilience related to human, animal and environmental health problems occurring in local, national and global contexts
- Emphasizes and encourages the empowerment of marginalized groups and communities
- Identifies policies and pathways that may be used for addressing some of the world’s most pressing health and development challenges
The symposium will cover the following interdisciplinary themes:
- One Health and Global Public Health
- Multispecies Health, Equity and Justice
- Policies and Governance for One Health and Development
- Food, Water, Climate and Health