- This event has passed.
November 1 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This session will identify the systems and attitudes that contribute to microaggressions and discuss strategies for responding effectively. By the end of this workshop you will:
– Gain a broader awareness of how oppression affects the lived experience of equity-deserving groups, and the specific context of EDI on post-secondary campuses.
– Understand how dominant groups perpetuate, actively or unconsciously, oppression.
– Be able to apply key concepts related to anti-racism, oppression, privilege, and tokenism.
– Understand how unconscious bias affects individuals and communities; and
– Be able to identify microaggressions and apply appropriate and effective responses to microaggressions.