The University of Guelph’s normal business operations will be reduced on Oct. 11 for the Thanksgiving weekend. Fall Study Break Day is Tuesday, Oct. 12, so while normal University operations will resume on Tuesday, classes and labs delivered face-to-face or remotely will resume Wednesday, Oct. 13.
What’s open and what’s closed
Service areas open on Monday, Oct. 11 include:
- Athletics Centre – reduced hours
- University Centre (excluding Brass Taps and The Lookout Patio + Grad Lounge) – Main floor is open
- Ontario Veterinary College Health Sciences Centre Animal Hospitals – emergency referrals only
- Animal Health Lab – Lab open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to receive samples only (no testing performed). Sample drop-off in vestibule is available 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Select dining locations on campus – view full hours for Thanksgiving weekend
- The Arboretum – grounds are open, buildings are closed
- Residence Desks – open 24 hours a day
The McLaughlin Library is closed Oct. 11 and open Oct. 12 from noon to midnight.
Please check each unit’s specific website for hours of operation and safety protocols for COVID-19.
Campus Safety Officers are on duty all day, every day, all year, including during statutory holidays. They may be reached at 519-824-4120, Ext. 52000, in case of emergencies and at Ext. 52245 for non-emergency calls.