COVID-19 Daily Updates: April 13, 2020
Students: Remember to Take a Practice Test Before Your Exam
As a reminder, a practice test has been set up in CourseLink to help students become familiar with the Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor and to ensure the system works on their home computers. All students are encouraged to take the practice test.
If you have any difficulties downloading or installing Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor, or encounter other technical problems when taking the practice test (e.g., your computer freezes during the test or the software fails to work, etc.), contact CourseLink support at email@example.com or 519-824-4120, Ext. 56939, or 1-866-275-1478 toll-free in Canada and the U.S.
New FAQ Page for Students Living Off-Campus
A new FAQ page for students living in off-campus housing is now available, with guidance on:
- how to navigate an upcoming move
- what to do with furniture you don’t need
- rent obligations and subletting
If you have additional questions about rental living, contact the University of Guelph’s coordinator of commuter experience and rental living at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continuing Your U of G Studies While Outside Canada
International students currently outside of Canada who plan to study with U of G this summer will be able to do so under new regulations from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. More information on these changes and their impact on postgraduate work permits is available under the General FAQs on the International Students COVID-19 FAQ page.
Faculty and Staff: CCS Is Open Late
The CCS Help Centre is continuing its extended hours to provide IT support. The CCS Help Centre is open:
- Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: noon to 6 p.m.
The CCS Help Centre can be reached via:
- Email: IThelp@uoguelph.ca
- Online chat: click the blue box in the bottom right-hand corner of the CCS website
- Phone: 519-824-4120, Ext. 58888 (calls go to a voice mailbox that is being monitored)
Instructors who need support with alternative delivery format exams should contact CourseLink support at email@example.com or 519-824-4120, Ext. 56939.
Faculty and Staff: Learning and Development Online Opportunities
U of G’s Learning and Development team is committed to helping build employees’ skills during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Check out their full list of web-based learning sessions on the Gryphon Family website, including:
- Managing Me: At Home
- Tips for Leading Remote Teams – Being Together When Apart
- Resilience Now! Introducing proven techniques to counter creeping impatience, stress and feeling overwhelmed
Sessions in April and May
- Leading Virtual Meetings to Promote Planning, Productivity and Personal Connections
April 23 and 24
- Managing Your Mindset in Uncertain Times
- Strength-Based Employee Development Program
Weekly April 28 to June 23
- GOAL 2.0 Master Classes
Register for any of these sessions on the Learning and Development website.
Good News Stories
Ridgetown Campus Donates COVID-19 Supplies to Thamesview Family Health Team
Last week, U of G’s Ridgetown Campus donated N95 respirators, nitrile gloves and disposable coveralls to the Thamesview Family Health Team. The supplies will help local health-care providers continue their work in the fight against COVID-19.
The University’s COVID-19 website is your best source of information on U of G’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.