The University of Guelph joins other Canadians in mourning after a fatal mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Forty-nine people were killed and dozens more were injured at two mosques on March 15 in the country’s worst-ever mass shooting.
“Our thoughts are with the victims and their families following this shocking tragedy,” said president Franco Vaccarino.
“We also reaffirm our commitment to the values of tolerance and inclusiveness that define who we are as a community and a country.”
University counselling services and other supports are available to assist students and employees, including the following:
- Student Counselling Services, Ext. 53244
- Student Support Network (drop-in hours are noon to 10 p.m., Monday to Friday, Raithby House)
- Good2Talk Helpline, 1-866-925-5454
- Employee assistance program for faculty and staff, 1-800-265-8310
- Multi-Faith Resource Team, Ext. 52392