Several U of G faculty, students and alumni will be recognized by the Ontario Hostelry Institute (OHI) at its upcoming industry events.
Prof. Bruce McAdams, School of Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management, was named Educator of the Year (2015) for his work with the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) certification programs, Garden2Table and his students. Will Predhomme, an instructor in the WSET program, was named a Fellow of the Institute (2015). Both will be honoured at the OHI Gold Awards Dinner April 21 in Toronto.
The OHI will also recognize U of G students and alumni at its 30 Under 30 reception March 23.
The Guelph students are:
- Aaron Laurie, fourth-year hotel and food administration student
- Tariq Ahmed, plant science student and founder of Revel Cider, a business he started with support from the Centre for Business and Student Enterprise (CBaSE)
The Guelph alumni are:
- Benn Froggett, B.Comm. ’13, general manager and host, The Glen Tavern
- Jamie Knoepfli, B.Comm. ’13, assistant manager, Four Seasons Hotel Toronto
- Emily Meko, B.A.Sc. ’13, owner and chef, Eat What’s Good
- Alex Marconi, B.Comm. ’12, social media manager, Four Seasons Hotel Toronto
David Humphrey, B.Comm. ’11, director, development, Americas for FRHI Hotels and Resorts, will be the industry speaker at the event. He was named to the OHI’s 30 Under 30 in 2013.