Using the calculation parameters below, can you calculate the tension in Spider-Man’s spider silk?
- human weight of 76 kg, tensile strength of 10^9 Pa for the static tension
- for the swinging tension, you need a 25 m web length and a speed of 40 miles per hour
- Contest is run by the University of Guelph
- Contest is held in Guelph, ON and is running from August 24th until August 28th
- Must be eligible to pick up prize at the University of Guelph
- Must be able to show work if requested – answer can be an approximate