Student Financial Services, Registrarial Services, is hosting a Financial Literacy Fair on Nov. 2 and 3.
The fair will include representatives from:
• Financial Consumer Agency of Canada,
• Canada Revenue Agency,
• Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (OSAP),
• National Student Loan Service Centre,
• Credit Canada,
• Western Union – Global Pay (used for international payments),
• U of G Wellness Centre, and
• U of G Student Financial Services.
This is an opportunity to raise financial awareness, learn new skills and ask questions about:
• U of G student billing, student account management and refunds;
• scholarships, bursaries, work study and Undergraduate Research Assistantship Program;
• personal well-being;
• Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP);
• government student aid programs, out of province and the U.S. loan program;
• repayment of government student loans and repayment assistance;
• choosing the right credit card and understanding your rights and responsibilities;
• managing debt and learning about credit reports and ratings;
• budgeting skills;
• filing your personal tax returns and tax advice;
• protecting yourself from fraud.
There will be handouts, popcorn, candy floss, games and prizes! We encourage everyone to drop by!
Location: University Centre Courtyard