Student Financial Services is hosting a Financial Literacy Fair.
Representatives from the following organizations will be there:
· Canada Revenue Agency,
· National Student Loan Service Centre,
· Credit Canada Debt Solutions,
· Wellington Family Counselling & Support Services,
· University of Guelph Wellness Centre,
· Guelph Student Food Bank and
· University of Guelph Student Financial Services.
This is an opportunity to raise financial awareness, learn new skills and ask questions about:
· University of Guelph student billing, student account management and refunds;
· scholarships, bursaries, work study and undergraduate research assistantship program ;
· personal well-being;
· Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP);
· government student aid programs, out-of-province and the U.S. loan program;
· repayment of government student loans and repayment assistance;
· choosing the right credit card and understanding your rights and responsibilities;
· managing debt and understanding credit reports and ratings;
· budgeting skills;
· filing your personal tax returns and tax advice; and
· protecting yourself from fraud.
There will be handouts, popcorn, candy floss, games and prizes!
Location: University Centre, courtyard