Ensuring the health and safety of faculty, staff and students remains a top priority at U of G.
With the arrival of Fall comes the start of a heightened respiratory illness season which may include COVID-19, influenza and RSV – mix in the cooler temperatures and the return to more indoor activities and it creates a recipe for sickness.
To help maintain a healthy environment for all, U of G is undertaking a number of measures – including upgrading the ventilation systems – that are featured in the new Healthy Campus campaign.
By design, the campaign is broken down into four categories: Prevention, Mitigation, Wellness and Community, and offers a variety of tips and resources to help everyone practice healthy habits over the coming months.
Some simple practices include:
- Getting vaccinated against the flu and COVID-19
- Staying home if you’re sick
- Washing your hands regularly
- Wearing a mask if you’re experiencing symptoms
- Practicing proper respiratory hygiene etiquette
- Maintaining your overall wellbeing by staying active and accessing campus resources if you need help
Be sure to check out the Healthy Campus webpage to stay informed, make healthier choices and together we can keep our campus healthy.