Physical Resources will conduct its Annual Campus Electrical Shutdown April 30 and May 1. The shutdowns run each day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Shutdowns affect all non-essential power, including normal building lighting and most electrical receptacles. Essential/emergency power and lighting will NOT be affected. Essential electrical receptacles can be identified by their red color.
Things to note during the shutdowns:
- HVAC (Heating, ventilation and air conditioning) air exchange will be shut off. Air exchange systems will be re-started before regular work hours resume. Please do not attend campus during the shutdown period, unless authorized to do so.
- Domestic hot water will not be available
- Building elevators will be locked out of service
- Electronic access, building fire alarm, and security alarms are NOT affected
- Access to all campus buildings should be restricted, other than for security reasons
On Saturday, April 30, the shutdown will affect the entire campus except for the OVC area. On Sunday, May 1 the shutdown will affect only the OVC area. The OVC Pathobiology/Animal Health Lab Building #089 will not be included in the electrical shutdown as the building is providing critical support in response to the provincial avian influenza outbreak. Please refer to the full list of affected buildings for more details.
For further information please contact Ken Kudo, Electrical Project Coordinator (Physical Resources) at email@example.com or 226-979-5866.