The membership of the University of Guelph’s Presidential Selection Committee has been confirmed. The committee will conduct a search and recommend a candidate to the Board of Governors, which is responsible for appointing the University’s president.
The 10-person selection committee consists of:
- three tenured faculty, two students and one regular full-time staff member, all elected by the University’s Senate
- one alumni community member, named by the U of G Alumni Association
- two external members of the Board of Governors, appointed by the Board
- the Board chair, who serves as chair of the selection committee
The presidential selection committee consists of:
- Shauneen Bruder, Board chair and chair of the selection committee
- Nancy Brown Andison, Board vice-chair
- Bill Hogarth, Board member
- Shauna McCabe, director, Art Gallery of Guelph
- Soha Moussa, School of Engineering, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Nicole Nazareth, bachelor of applied science student, University of Guelph-Humber
- Shayan Sharif, associate dean (research and graduate studies), Ontario Veterinary College
- Tamara Small, Department of Political Science, College of Social and Applied Human Sciences
- Arjun Sukumaran, PhD candidate, College of Biological Science
- Trish Walker, alumni community (BA ’77, M.Sc. ’90)
The committee will begin its work immediately. The presidential search process is expected to be complete by fall 2021.
Among the Selection Committee’s first tasks are determining general characteristics and capabilities required in a candidate and soliciting comment from the University community. The committee will be supported by search firm Odgers Berndtson.
The committee will communicate regularly with the University community through the presidential search website.
To share confidential comments with the committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org