The most recent U of G Senate meeting was held on Feb. 1. Below are key highlights from the meeting. A full synopsis of the meeting is available on the University Secretariat’s website.
President Charlotte Yates, Vice-President (Research) Malcolm Campbell and Interim Provost and Vice-President (Academic) Gwen Chapman, provided Senators with updates on:
- the COVID-19 outbreak on campus
- the release of the comprehensive McLaren Report and on the recommendations of the Sexual Violence Task Force
- the work of the President’s Advisory Committee on Anti-Racism and on the Strategic Framework refresh
- Winter 2021 enrolment and Fall 2021 planning
Senators also received updates on:
- The Indigenous Initiatives Strategy from Cara Wehkamp, special advisor to the president on Indigenous initiatives
- Recent discussions at Student Senate Caucus about Respondus, class engagement and student wellness from Justin Mihaly, SSC co-chair
Graduate Policy Changes
Senators approved a number of changes to Graduate Calendar regulations, including:
- Leaves of Absence: Now permitted for provisional students
- Program Duration Policy: 2 part-time semesters now equivalent to 1 full-time semester
The next meeting of Senate will take place on Monday, April 5, 2021.