A search committee has been established to select a new provost and vice-president (academic).
Charlotte Yates, former provost and vice-president (academic), became president Aug. 2. Gwen Chapman, dean of the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences, was named interim provost and VP (academic) while the University conducts a formal search to fill the position permanently.
The selection committee makeup and representation follow the Board of Governors policy on University appointments; faculty, staff and student members of the committee were approved by Senate October 5.
Chaired by the University president, the group consists of the following members:
- Samantha Brennan, dean, College of Arts;
- Glen Van Der Kraak, dean, College of Biological Science;
- Shauneen Bruder, chair, Board of Governors;
- Madhur Anand, School of Environmental Sciences, Ontario Agricultural College;
- Jeji Varghese, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, College of Social and Applied Human Sciences;
- Martin Williams, Department of Physics, and director of the Office of Teaching and Learning, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences;
- Sooraj Modi, undergraduate student, bachelor of computing program;
- Anna Johnson, PhD candidate, College of Social and Applied Human Sciences;
- Cara Wehkamp, special adviser to the president on Indigenous initiatives; and
- Manuela Sheehy, associate registrar, Student Financial Services.
Additional information about the committee’s work will be forthcoming.