We’re in the home stretch of the fall semester! Manage your exams like a boss this December with support from your U of G community. Share your own tips for exam success on social media with #UofGStressBusters.
Stress busters for study success
We’ve got your back! Stress buster activities are planned across campus to help you take a break and take a breath during study sessions.
Watch for activities like:
- Bracelet making
- Make your own care package
- Milk and cookie breaks
- Take a Paws with Therapy Dogs
- Glowga Yoga – or get some exercise at the Athletics Centre
- Stress Less for Tests workshop
- Gryphon Gift pop-ups with free breakfast
Find a full list of activities on GryphLife at uoguel.ph/StressBuster.
Academic resources to help you prep
No matter what type of exam you’re sitting, the library’s Learning Commons has strategies to help! Choose from tips for:
- Multiple choice exams
- Lab exams
- Essay exams
- Bell-ringer exams
- Problem-solving exams
- Short-answer exams
They also have great tips for how to study effectively!
Get quick access to academic resources to help you finish the semester strong. The Undergraduate Academic Information Centre has a list of resources to help students with their academic success, including tutoring and supported learning groups.
Missed a final exam?
If you miss a final exam due to illness, contact your Program Counsellor to submit documentation along with a Request for Academic Consideration.
Need to talk?
Being able to talk things through can help you cope with exam-related stress. Check out these free mental health resources for students.
- Counselling Services: Individual and group counselling for students
JT Powell Building – how to find the JT Powell Building
Drop-in sessions Monday to Friday – 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Student Wellness Navigators: Service for students who have concerns about their mental health and don’t know where to go next
JT Powell Building
Drop-in sessions Monday to Friday – 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4:30 p.m.
- Student Support Network: Confidential peer-to-peer support
JT Powell Building, Room 1149
Drop-in sessions Monday to Friday – noon to 8 p.m.
- Here 24/7: Local mental health and crisis phone line
- Crisis Text Line: text-based mental health support
Text “UofG” to 686868 to start a conversation
Be sure to take care of yourself during exam season and look out for your friends, too. Remember, you got this!