Giving Tuesday is a global movement that happens each year after Black Friday. Considered the “opening day of the giving season,” it’s a time when organizations rally together for favourite causes. This Giving Tuesday, the University of Guelph is committed to supporting both our Mental Health and Well-Being Fund and our on-campus United Way campaign.
There are many ways you can be involved with #GivingTuesday at U of G. It’s a day to give back, so give to what matters to you!
U of G Mental Health and Well-being Fund
This year, Alumni Affairs and Development will connect with staff, faculty, alumni and friends to encourage support for the U of G Mental Health and Well-being fund. This fund supports on-campus programs to promote mental health, resiliency and well-being for U of G students. Funds raised this year will go toward:
- the Student Support Network
- Letters in Residence program
- Library Stress Busters program, and
- the Graduate Mental Health Conference.
Make your gift! The first $10,000 raised during this campaign will be matched by the University of Guelph. This is an exciting match that will help us create the biggest impact possible for our students.
United Way Campaign
On Nov. 27, you can also support Giving Tuesday by contributing to the home stretch of the University’s United Way campaign. Consider supporting your community by:
- Taking part in Dress Down Day by wearing your U of G clothing or going casual and making a donation through your area coordinator
- Stopping by Branion Plaza over lunch to drop your spare change in United Way piggy banks
- Bringing your pledge card to Treasury Operations (4th Floor, University Centre)
Share your Giving Tuesday experience online with #GivingTuesday and #GuelphGives. Thank you for supporting your community!