The information below can help you prepare for a successful start to the winter semester whether you’re learning remotely or on-campus.
Physical distancing makes a difference! If you are not required to be on campus, please stay home to help keep our community safe.
Updated: February 16, 2021
Important reminders for all students
- Every day, before you come to campus, complete U of G’s COVID-19 Screening Form. Do not come to campus if the form indicates you should stay home.
- COVID-19 testing is available to U of G students through Student Health Services. Call 519-824-4120, Ext. 52131, to book an appointment.
Student Health Services also offers support for your mental well-being. Call them to speak to a Student Wellness Navigator.
- Consider downloading Canada’s COVID Alert app. It can let you know of potential exposure to COVID-19 before you start showing symptoms.
- Familiarize yourself with U of G’s Policy on Non-Academic Misconduct. This policy can be enforced for situations both on and off campus. Guelph Police can issue significant fines to those who host or attend gatherings in Guelph.
- Practise 10 easy ways you can keep yourself and others safe during COVID-19.
- CourseLink has information on when your classes, labs and seminars begin.
- The textbook floor of the University Bookstore is closed. Order course materials online for free delivery within Canada or curbside pick-up on campus. The McLaughlin Library also offers Course Reserves, giving you access to digital copies of some course material.
- Winter 2021 courses take place through synchronous, asynchronous or face-to-face delivery. Learn more on the Office of the Registrar’s website.
- U of G’s IT tech support team is available on campus or remotely.
Navigating campus (if you need to be here!)
- Access to U of G academic buildings and instructional spaces is restricted. Students enrolled in classes and labs must swipe their U of G student ID cards to enter these spaces.
- Face coverings are required on campus.
- There is currently no charge for parking on campus; however, certain parking lots are unavailable. Learn more on the Parking Services website.
- Cash is no longer accepted for payments on the Guelph campus. Use your student card to pay with your U of G meal plan or choose debit or credit.
- On-campus dining options are limited this semester and available for take-away only during the provincewide shutdown. Seating is not available.
- Athletics and the McLaughlin Library buildings are closed. Curbside pickup and mail delivery of library materials begins Jan. 6. Check their websites for more information about online services and resources.
- Update your mobile devices so you can access U of G’s secure wi-fi.
Students participating in face-to-face learning
If you are attending on-campus classes:
- Return to Campuses website and follow the steps on the Before You Return page
- Fall Classroom Health and Safety Protocols (these protocols still apply in winter 2021)
- You must arrive 15 minutes before your classes start to line up and sanitize your learning space.
- Research Phase-In Framework if you’re participating in on-campus labs
- COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Awareness Training course on CourseLink
- U of G COVID-19 Screening Form daily before coming to campus.
- Follow the screening form’s guidance and do not come to campus if you are directed to stay home.
- The SafeGryphon app gives quick access to the screening form.