Updated: January 5, 2022
The safety of our U of G community is our top priority. The University of Guelph is working with Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health to monitor the situation and follow Public Health’s recommendations.
STUDENTS: Please refer to the COVID-19 – FAQs for Student Wellness Services for information about local and on-campus services available to you.
Students: Student Health Services offers appointments for COVID-19 testing. To book your appointment, call Student Health Services at 519-824-4120, Ext. 52131.
Faculty and Staff: If you live in Guelph and need to be assessed for COVID-19, please visit the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health website for information on how to book a COVID-19 test or call 226-773-1922. Faculty and staff can also book COVID-19 testing appointment with Student Health Services by calling 519-824-4120, Ext. 52131.
Learn more about what to expect when you visit the assessment clinic.Link to this tab
Students, faculty and staff should call U of G’s COVID-19 call centre at 519-824-4120, Ext. 53906. You can also refer to U of G’s I’m feeling sick or tested positive for COVID-19 – What should I do? webpage.Link to this tab
The most important actions community members can take to reduce the risk of infection and prevent the spread of any respiratory illness, including COVID-19 are:
- Practice physical distancing – avoid social gatherings and crowds. If you are around people other than those you live with, maintain two metres of distance. Stay home when you can.
- Follow Public Health rules for wearing a mask in public.
- Follow usual best practices for hygiene, including:
- wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the washroom and when preparing food
- use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- When coughing or sneezing:
- cough or sneeze into a tissue or the bend of your arm, not your hand
- dispose of any tissues you have used as soon as possible in a lined waste basket and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Frequently clean high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, phones and TV remotes, with an approved disinfectant
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
University of Guelph Response
The University of Guelph is working with Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health to determine which University supplies can be provided to local organizations to help in the response to COVID-19. Do not independently donate any University supplies.
If you are asked by an outside organization to donate supplies, please respond with the following:
“The University of Guelph is working with Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health to determine the best way to coordinate and donate available University supplies to help with the community response to COVID-19. All donations will be coordinated through Public Health.”Link to this tab
The University recognizes that reports of the impacts of COVID-19 in Canada and around the world can be very troubling. If you feel stressed or anxious about COVID-19:
- contact Counselling Services at 519-824-4120 ext. 53244
- text “UofG” to 686868 using your text- or SMS-enabled device
- call Good2Talk 1-866-925-5454
- employees can call Homewood Health, U of G’s Employee and Family Health Provider at 1-800-663-1142
The University’s Wellness@Work initiative has created an article on How to Stay Connected while Social Distancing that offers useful tips on staying positive and bonding with others while maintaining a physical distance. You can also visit the Gryphon Family portal for additional supports and ideas.Link to this tab